WAREHOUSE GENERAL MANAGER - Candidate RYN1577
- AA Business
- 20+ yrs in Warehousing and Inventory Management
- 6+ yrs as Warehouse Manager
- Applies LEAN, Continuous Improvement, and Quality Assurance for production improvements
- Green Belt Six Sigma and 4D (4 disciplines of execution – Harvard Analytics), HACCP, OSHA 30, DOT compliance, 3PL
- Currently managing 200 employees
- Created SOP for industry standard compliance.
- Managed RF Integrations, Responsible for warehouse safety
- In charge of multiple departments and overall daily operations
- Process Safety Management, SQF and General Industry Standard Safety Compliance
- International Inspections and Customs compliance. SAP EWM, S4 Hana
- Speaks well, articulate, patient, confident
- Married, 1 child out of the house, said he is happy at current workplace , but he and his wife are eager to relocate to a Southern climate
Solutions-oriented distribution and warehouse management professional experienced in leading multimillion-dollar operations in areas including safety management, warehousing, transportation and logistics, daily operations, QA/QC, budget management, shipping/receiving, transportation management and project management. Instrumental in applying decisive leadership strategies designed to increase efficiency, manage inventory, drive cost savings and increase revenue and profit, while driving operational initiatives, cost reductions and internal controls. Big picture planner with expertise in leading safety teams, identifying deficiencies and developing solutions for enhancing productivity and optimizing processes, while meeting targets, optimizing inventory and streamlining warehouse operations.
- Warehouse Management
- Team Building & Training
- Process Improvement
- Budget Management
- Distribution Management
- Safety Management
- Transportation Management
- Policy/Procedure Development
- Logistics Operations
- Cost Controls & Savings
- Productivity Enhancement
- Inventory/Auditing Mgmt.
WAREHOUSE GENERAL MANAGER................................................................... 2013-Present
Earning $103K + 20% (~1,000 employees here)
- Manage and oversee all aspects of warehousing, transportation and distribution, shipping/receiving, inventory management, policy/procedure development, safety management and team management/training for multiple departments, while driving continuous improvement and utilizing Six Sigma/5S business practices to streamline/optimize all assigned areas including safety as a priority. Continuously leverage Lean/Six-Sigma to increase efficiencies and improve the bottom line for financial prosperity.
- Created and implemented JSA/JHA to help integrate accepted safety practices for each job.
- Serve on the P&L, RF Integration, Safety and Microsoft AX committees; successfully applied Lean initiatives to warehouse production processes to increase cases per hour while being safe.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the company to improve safety, operational and financial performance.
- Develop daily work logs and all related warehousing documentation; audit daily labor and billing reports.
- Partner in the planning, managing and evaluation of logistics processes, while liaising with headquarters, internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
- Manage all areas of warehouse safety and drove compliance with OSHA; decreased safety incidents by 98.11%.
- Review and manage purchase orders for warehouse maintenance and fruit orders from multiple vendors.
- Created a new layout for warehouse to better streamline FIFO and ensure customer satisfaction on all orders. As well creating a safe environment for associates to work in.
- Provide annual budget/expense reporting, monitor expenditures, identify variances and implement corrective actions; identify deficiencies and implemented cost reduction initiatives to drive savings.
- Manage the interviewing, selection, orientation, training, scheduling, evaluation and performance of staff.
- Directly oversee daily inventory processes by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinate all inventory transfers and audits; compare information against bills of lading, invoices and orders.
- Manage all international orders, to include working with Customs to ensure importing/exporting compliance with USA and other countries regulations and standards.
- Ensured that relations with 3PL carriers, work in a safe manner by creating ways to interact with them to show that we care for their safety as well.
Happy, but he and his wife are eager to move south
LOGISTICS MANAGER...................................................................................... 2001-2013
Earning $75K + 25% bonus + $5K in stock
- Managed and led the execution and coordination of all general warehousing, transportation and distribution logistics matters within the organizations distribution center, to include overseeing the scheduling and tracking of all inbound/outbound shipments in the most efficient, timely and cost effective manner, developing/managing logistics reporting and KPIs, monitoring logistics performance and overall costs, and coordinating shipments with customer service and supply chain to optimize order fulfillment. Led both warehouse and transportation as a safety lead to develop best practices.
- Partner with quality assurance and control to ensure proper inventory attainment, accountability and control.
- Engaged vendors to identify and resolve any product shipping/receiving errors; partnered in the planning and management of logistics processes, while liaising with HQ, diverse teams, internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Created and implemented best practices, policies and processes across the logistics organization to improve operational and financial performance, while resolving transportation problems and customer issues.
- Participated in the interviewing, selection, hiring, training and scheduling of talent in accordance to needs.
- Maintained performance and financial reporting responsible areas and continually worked to improve performance and drive cost efficiencies for multiple areas.
- Provided regular reports that communicated team performance, project delivery, progress to milestones and impacts to service delivery; created processes in support of programmatic goals and objectives.
- Oversaw both personnel transitions and PO processing executed by logistics team and multiple departments.
- Conducted staff/worker observations to evaluate performance and identify areas of weakness or those in need of improvement; facilitated all aspects of training and development.
- Managed logistics-related documentation maintenance and continuous improvement to ensure business continuity and standardization.
Left when recruited by a different firm
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE ~ BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- OSHA, HACCP, DOT, Hazmat, Lean Management, Six Sigma Green Belt, Cold Chain Compliance, GMP, Process Safety Management, SQF, General Industry Standard Safety Compliance, FMCSA, Spill prevention, Risk Management, Confined Space, Job Safety Analysis, International inspections, Customs Compliance, Lock out tag out, PPE, and MACNY Fork lift Operator Safety train the trainer certified